The Shattuck-St Mary’s Boys staff has announced their four dates in 2015 for prospective students who want to attend Shattuck. These dates are February 14-16, March 21-23, April 11-13, and May 16-18. These recruiting events are for any boys with birth years of 1997 to 2002. To register for one of these events please click here.
The Shattuck-St. Mary’s Girls Soccer Center of Excellence teams traveled to Omaha, NE this past weekend for friendly matches vs. Gretna FC and Omaha FC. On Saturday the U17 team kicked things off vs Gretna. With sixteen new players on the team they played some good soccer fell short in their effort eventually losing 2-1. On Sunday the U17’s played Omaha FC to a 2-2 draw with a performance that showed signs they were becoming more comfortable with each other and the Shattuck brand of soccer.
Coach Dave Lovercheck had the following to say about the weekend, “I thought for our first games, with so many new players, that our progress from half to half and game to game was very positive. The players have worked extremely hard in training and are focused on working together. We have some big goals we want to achieve this year and with the right work ethic and attitude we will put ourselves in a good position to achieve them.”
The U18’s played Omaha FC on Saturday and controlled the game from start to finish en route to a 2-0 victory. Angel Krell and Assia Sidhoum scored the two goals while Sidhoum, on her Shattuck debut also added an assist on Krell’s goal. Junior Ann Marie Jaworski provided the other assist while Ashlee Oleinikow got the clean sheet in goal with the help of a strong Sabre defense in front of her.
On Sunday, the 18s played Gretna FC and surrendered two early goals on counter attacks. Despite thoroughly dominating possession and creating several scoring chances including disallowed goal ruled out for a questionable offside as well as a strong claim for a penalty kick, the Sabres weren’t able to overcome the deficit.
The U18’s take on Team Chicago in Rockford, IL this weekend in their opening MRL match, while the U17’s travel to Madison, WI to face Wisconsin Rush on Saturday and Sunday.
AWAY Games 9/1-9/7
- GU17 vs. Gretna FC @ Omaha, NE Saturday 1:00 PM
- GU18 vs. Omaha FC @ Omaha, NE Saturday 3:00 PM
- BU16 vs. Des Moines Menace @ Des Moines, IA Saturday 11:00 AM
- BU18 vs. Des Moines Menace @ Des Moines, IA Saturday 1:00 PM
- GU17 vs. Omaha FC @ Omaha, NE Sunday 11:00 AM
- GU18 vs. Gretna FC @ Omaha, NE Sunday 1:00 PM
- BU18 vs. Minnesota State University @ Mankato, MN Sunday 3:00 PM
HOME Games 9/1-9/7
- First home games of the season will be 2 boys games on Saturday 9/13/14 on the turf field
- The girls are on the road until their first home games Fall Family Weekend on Saturday 10/18/14
- GU18 will start their Midwest Regional League schedule Saturday 9/13/14 in Rockford
- BU16 and BU18 Development Academy league games will start with home games vs. Chicago Fire on Saturday 9/20/14
You can find more information about the soccer schedules on:
- the school calendar –soccer events: http://www.s-sm.org/news/soccer-events/
- Shattuck Soccer website: http://soccer.s-sm.org/
- Shattuck Development Academy page: http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/club/29469693.html
Midwest Regional League results: http://www.midwestregionalleague.com/